Robin Good: Readcube is a free download software (PC and Mac) which allows you to automatically update, organize, annotate, index and search-through your collection of PDF documents.
This is a great tool for anyone doing serious research in any field, whether inside or outside the official academic and scientific sectors. The key benefit of using this tool is its ability to auto-organize and enhance your existing PDF library and to help you find related documents, while appropriately linking all authors and reference notes within each paper.
Key features include:
- PDF import and auto-indexing
- Author, title and and source-journal auto-identification
- Search and view abstracts from Google Scholar and PubMed
- Get daily article recommendations based on your research interests + the contents of your library
- Create in-line comments and directly highlight key phrases
- Find automatically citations for any article in your library
- Login integration with your university or institution so you can download articles from its library without logging in separately
To get a better idea of ReadCube can do, please check the video on this page: http://www.readcube.com/enhancedpdf
Free to use.
Live Demo of ReadCube Web Reader: http://www.readcube.com/reader/10.1038/nature10414
More info: http://www.readcube.com/