|Scooped by Robin Good|
Videry is a great example of video curation at work.
Videry is a hand-curated collection of over 30 great video clips for web designers.
The beauty and value of this collection, in the context of curation is in the following:
- The quality of the clips selected
- A clean, and simple layout - content over looks
The essence is in the selection made and that's why it needs to stand out.
- The essential info is upfront - video thumbnails + title + description
no other distractions.
- A Pinterest-like simmetrical visual layout that allows easy scanning of the page
Where it could do better:
- Titles: no personalization for context - titles in the collection are exactly as the originals - the curator here could have improved and contextuaized titles for this collection, while keeping a good reference, visible to everyone, of the original one.
- Descriptions: these are the original video descriptions. No additions, no opinion, no contextualization. The curator could have written his own descriptions from these in the context of this collection, while leaving the original descriptions as an extra option (since they are all already accessible under the original video location).
- No visibile authorship for the collection.
P.S.: I think this clean design used in this collection is so effective that I wish there was a service prividing the ability to create curated video collections with such information design elegance.
(Anyone know who is behind Videry.me?)
Free to see.
Check it out now: http://www.videry.me/index.php
Facebook stream: https://www.facebook.com/videry.me
Google+ stream: https://plus.google.com/106097967197719138860/posts