"iLook.TV crowdsources TV channels, TV programs and TV commercials."
|Scooped by Robin Good|
iLook.TV lets you curate custom TV channels distributable via smartphone compatible apps that act as pay-TV like subscription channels.
The channels are commercial and can include or accept advertising requests thus providing a monetization opportunity for channel curators.
iLook.TV is made up of two components:
1) iLook.TV website where you create your channels
2) iLook.TV ChannelApp for ditributing your custom channel
In a Channel you can add / syndicate video clips and submit TV commercials to the iLook.TV system.
The ChannelApp is instead a mobile app that can be fully utilized by Channel subscribers as Program Guide for your channel as well as a TV remote to watch specific video content on their connected large TV screens. The ChannelApp can be branded, configured and submitted to the Apple App Store.
ILOOKTV supports three methods of monetization: subscription, pay-per-view, and TV commercials.
• A Channel subscription must be purchased by a TV viewer to play videos that are marked premium.
• Pay-per-view (PPV) videos are marked with “Buy” (forever) or “Rent” (for 24-hours) and require a payment from a TV viewer.
• TV commercials are submitted to the ILOOKTV system by advertisers and are automatically played on Channels that request them. Advertisers are automatically charged for each insertion via instant auctions.
Revenues are collected by iLook.TV from subscriptions, PPV and commercials and are automatically shared with Channel owners.
The cost to own a Channel is $100 per year.
N.B.: Channel owners also need to pay the standard $100 Apple Developer fee when they submit the ChannelApp to the Apple App Store.
Promising concept. Rough implementation.
A glimpse at what the future of video curated content may look like in the near future.
For more info: http://www.ilook.tv/
How it works: http://www.ilook.tv/how-it-works.html